The intention behind co-kitchen is to celebrate our connection to each other, to our food and to all other living beings we share the planet with. Vegan, organic, regional, fair and food-waste-conscious ingredients and processes are a given, forming a solid foundation upon which creativity roams free.
co-kitchen’s founder, Kremena, is a trained computer scientist who made the obvious jump into vegan gastronomy several years ago. She is insatiably curious about all aspects of plant-based cuisine, constantly nibbling on fascinating information about preparation, nutrition, origin and sustainability. She particularly enjoys sharing food and knowledge with anyone willing to eat or listen.
When she is not co-kitchening, Kremena is involved in some cool projects:
- Member of the collective around the Grundstock project, supporting the core team with advice, event organization and anything related to the simple intention of feeding Bern with food from Bern.
- Part of the community behind the 2019 Mocona Gathering
- co-, a local sharing community for people in Bern interested in experimenting with a non-monetary gift economy
And when she is not projecting, some activities she enjoys include:
- practising Iyengar yoga
- jumping in the Aare river, the heart of Bern
- experiencing the quiet power of trees on a forest walk or a city sidewalk
- escaping to the Swiss mountains
- cozying up with a good book
- spending time with wonderful people
- solo travels to far-away lands